Sherman Cymru are looking for
£6.58 per hour plus holiday pay
Can your cheerful outlook and helpful disposition give our customers a warm welcome, making them want to visit again and again? If so, you could be an essential part of our team. You will have demonstrable experience of working behind a busy bar and serving hot and cold food, whilst providing excellent customer service. You will also have experience of working well as part of a team, and using your initiative to proactively meet and exceed customer expectations! Working hours will vary from week to week, so you will also need to be flexible!
The ability to work in Welsh is desirable but not essential.
Deadline for applications: 12pm, Thursday 16 July 2015
Interviews: Friday 24 July 2015
Sherman Cymru is funded by Arts Council of Wales. We are committed to Equal Opportunities and a Registered Charit
Assistant Directing Opportunity
The JMK Trust in partnership with Sherman Cymru is offering an Assistant Director Bursary to a participant of the JMK & Sherman Cymru Directors' Group, it is still possible to join this group. The bursary is an arts scholarship, funded by the Richard Carne Trust that will provide a learning and training opportunity for a talented emerging director, based in the Cardiff area who has demonstrated a commitment to directing and a passion for theatre making.
We are looking for an Assistant Director for Rachel O’Riordan’s upcoming autumn production of a classic text. This will be a Sherman Cymru production. As Assistant Director, your duties would include:
- To provide general assistance to the Director.
- As agreed with the Director, to carry out any research that will inform and benefit the production.
- As agreed with the Director, to attend preparation meetings prior to rehearsals.
- To observe rehearsals and have input in discussions and production meetings.
- To assist the company in documenting the rehearsal process for the purpose of marketing, archiving and evaluating the project through blogs, social media and other forms agreed.
- To observe and assist the Director in the production week as required.
- To input into supporting engagement activities by mutual agreement with the Director and Creative Learning department.
- To attend and participate in post-show discussions by mutual agreement with the Director.
- To support the company whilst the play is in performance as agreed with the Director and Stage Manager, including attending and noting the production.
- Any further duties as required by the Director.
The assistant director will need to be available for:
Rehearsals and production week: 7 September - 8 October, 2015
First preview Performance: 9 October, 2015
Press Performance: 13 October, 2015
Final Performance: 24 October, 2015
The bursary recipient will demonstrate a commitment to living and making theatre in Wales and will also be or become a participant of the JMK Sherman Directors' Group. As part of the bursary, the recipient will also be responsible for working with the JMK Artistic Coordinator, and Sherman Cymru to support and facilitate the Directors group until next year’s bursary recipient is chosen.
The Richard Carne Bursary consists of £2,250.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org midday on the 6 July, 2015. Interviews will take place on Friday 17 of July.
- Why you are interested in working with Rachel O'Riordan.
- Why you are interested in working on a classic text
- How this bursary opportunity and involvement in the JMK Directors' group will contribute to your professional development
- Your relevant experience and what you can bring to the role
Sherman Cymru Cardiff’s producing and presenting theatre is seeking Trustees to join their Board.
We are looking for Trustees who will see the beyond the horizon as well as the detail; who will provoke, encourage and facilitate staff in a way that helps nurture and nourish the on-going and developing governance needs of the charity.
We are looking to add to the diversity of our Trustees with experience/knowledge and skills in the following areas: Fundraising, Commercial Trading, Income Generation, Playwriting, Arts Marketing/Audience Development, Finance, Creative Learning/Teaching/Youth Theatre.
The company is also looking for Trustees who would have an interest in developing their role over the next year to that of Chair and Vice Chair of the company.
Our building is fully accessible both FOH and backstage and we would particularly welcome interest from prospective Trustees from diverse backgrounds, and Welsh speaking people.
In the first instance, prospective Trustees are offered the opportunity to speak informally to our current Chair with expressions of interest and queries (see information pack).
For further information please contact email@example.com